What do you love about reading blogs?
Perhaps it's the personalities? The ideas? The community?
One reason I love reading blogs is to be inspired by people who:
1) have an idea
2) come up with a plan
3) act on that plan
4) throw passion + hard work + perspiration toward the plan
5) make something out of nothing
In a sense, anyone that has ever started a blog has done this.
Some women bloggers have taken things a step further and turned into full-blown entrepreneurs. It's nearly impossible to miss them:
- style bloggers teaming up with fashion houses to develop their own lines
- graphic designers offering blog services, brand building and social media consultant services
- Stay-at-home moms who blog + sell their gorgeous handmade goods/artwork
- bloggers teaming together to form online magazine companies and lifestyle brands
It makes sense really...I mean, think about it! To write a blog you need to have an action-oriented mentality. You need to do research, stay on top of self-imposed deadlines, network with other bloggers, maintain creativity even when "real life" gets in the way. Entrepreneurs need the same skill-set to be successful PLUS a little something extra.
So how does a blogger take an idea --> make it their own --> start a business?
This week I'll be featuring three of my favorite "blogger entrepreneurs." Each will share their story along with how their blog plays a role in their business. And I promise that you don't need to be a blogger to be inspired by their stories. I know you'll find these women as inspiring as I do...so check back tomorrow for our first blogger entrepreneur story!
Are you inspired by women entrepreneurs that you come across online?
Are their any favorites that you can share?
xo - Marion
image credit: Fashion Bomb Daily